Friday, April 15, 2011

the Fingerprint Font

I live to be alive
do I have a greater motivation
no.
do I need one
maybe...

If so what motivation would I choose
family would make sense
that classic photo in the future
the innocent image
father, mother, child
all in sweet bliss

Though the thought seems to cliched
so what other possibilities
wealth, fame, some personal dream,
I find all these thoughts to be overused
worn out ties on this ancient railroad

Wait!
what about these words
this page
living for such a simple cause as a pen
perhaps I'm not the first to do so
a pen certainly won't ensure wealth
fame is hardly a guarantee either

But for myself this pen is happiness
the ink that flows to a page
this fingerprint font
yes this is my motivation.

1 comment:

The Unknowngnome said...

Aaron my friend, you have hit the mark. Well done!