Saturday, October 23, 2010

Carry Me


So dependent
So in denial

We say we don’t rely on others
Yet who are we?
Who are we to say we’re on our own

Defenseless when alone
So lonely when on your own

To thrive
We must have company
To live
We must have family

No Truth!!!
Belongs to the statement
We are independent beings

A false and unreal statement
To say
I am alone

We work so hard
To make ourselves believe that
We work alone
When every day we come together

You say “oh shut up”!!!
To me

HA

A request of anger at the truth
Denial created by fear
And hate from the realization that we hold each other up

So I ask you
Please carry me
And I will happily carry you in return

We won’t survive unless we work together
So please,
PLEASE
Carry me

1 comment:

The Unknowngnome said...

Isaiah 46:4
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Hello Aaron. I came across your profile on "Poets Who Blog" and found your "Poetry for the Unknown People". It's nice to read/hear ones words being directed by the Spirit as yours.

Yes, what you have written in this post is a call to fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

1 Thess 5:11
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Peace.