Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I've Lost My Mind

I don't get it. It seems to me that we live in a world designed by separation, opinion, and physicality. Constantly, you hear about those people who separate themselves through deeds we deem interesting. But not just good deeds; these deeds are sometimes obscure, stupid, or just flat out criminal. Even if we say we want nothing to do with the event, it caught our interest in a negative way. By saying we don't want anything to do with something, we express that it caught our interest through its negativity, we have it in our interest to to avoid what we think is something bad.

The mind is an interesting thing when it comes to separation. It has a necessity to categorize, without this necessity our world would be as chaotic as a room full of five year old's fighting over a single toy you told them to share. Our minds wold be lost to themselves if we couldn't categorize; we would live in a world of blithering idiots.

Its really pretty ironic though. How can someone lose their mind? Our mind in itself is what dictates our actions and only has control over itself. Our minds can certainly change and be changed but but they can't be lost in the sense of our body having all the control. Such is the implication of the phrase. I do not pretend I know anything about the mind because I don't, I just truly believe that everyone is in control of their own actions no matter what, even if they are insane, they still know what they are doing and are consciously choosing what they do.

No comments: